****************************************************************************************************
**************************DaCraftyLady WELCOMES GUEST POSTS***************************

!!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ...

As you grow older you will discover that you

have two hands.

One for helping yourself, the other for helping others. " Audrey Hepburn

=======================================

If you would like to print any post

or change it to PDF,

click the icon at the bottom of that post.


Thursday, February 23, 2012

The "Love" Program and More Crochet Projects

Blogger Love

JJCrochet Blogger Love Program

JJCrochet's Blog is a wonderful blog that started a "love" program to give a little "thank you love" to all of us yarn addicts! :)
She is dedicating it to us bloggers that love to post about our projects and share photos and crochet fun! 
Go on over there and check her out. It is simple and you can earn a free crochet pattern that she sells just for making the pattern and then posting a photo of it!
Here’s how to participate.  It’s pretty simple, but essentially – if you have a crochet website or blog and talk about JJCrochet, you get a free pattern.  So hop on over there and give it a try...I did ....and I can't wait to start on my new crochet project!!!! Go HERE....





I decided to make the tote bag that is on the cover of Crochet Today Nov-Dec issue. I started it for my g-daughter but the holidays were too busy for me so I didn't finish. Then I decided to make it for me and change it to my own design, no surprise huh? I always change patterns to my own. LOL....so I made the granny squares and used a fluffy white and then added faux leather sides and bottom, and made the back solid with a stripe and now I am double stranding a strap and going to line it....So how do you like it so far??? I like the added trim around the front and it stand up by itself with the leather. :) 

The front view

Thid is the back of the tote

the fancy "button" pin I added to the back

The side view I made it faux leather in blue


I have to add feet and then line it,
 I am going to use it for a yarn tote



2 comments:

  1. I think your tote looks original and super. I've actually just seen an ipad crocheted jacket/pouch that has gotten me thinking of making one for my boyfriends nook tablet as he broke the screen of the last one by dropping it. It will make a nice surprise gift especially with his name embroidered on.
    I also then should make a phone pouch for my nieces phone as she has as Tracfone LG800G prepaid smart phone with a touch screen, as it cost her $50 I just think it's better to protect the screen from scratches or from being dropped and shattered. Angie is only paying $7/month for cell phone service, actually I think I must look into Tracfone service, it sounds super cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you I agree the screen needs protecting I am now trying to design one for my Nook...will hop over to your blog to see if you have yours done for your BF...

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for stopping by to visit me~ I always welcome comments.
Be sure and link up or become a follower and never miss any future posts!
"Life is a stitch of happiness try not to drop one!"
♥ Crochetoholic ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...