****************************************************************************************************
**************************DaCraftyLady WELCOMES GUEST POSTS***************************

!!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ...

As you grow older you will discover that you

have two hands.

One for helping yourself, the other for helping others. " Audrey Hepburn

=======================================

If you would like to print any post

or change it to PDF,

click the icon at the bottom of that post.


Saturday, April 14, 2012

LA Yarn Crawl Here We Come....

One of my LYC members and I trotted off Thursday the 12th [the 1st day of the yarn crawl] on the LA Yarn Crawl...we had 10 stores lined up that we wanted to stop at up the coastline, [next time I will drive up to the farthest and work my way back] but by the time we hit Santa Monica the traffic was against us and we only made it to 6 shops, not bad for one day's "crawling" I think. 


I have to be honest and say I was a bit disappointed in the some of the shops as I had thought that this was going to be a bit more of a celebration and tuned more towards the "crawlers" traveling by offering prizes, goodie bags, and munchies??? I know that the there are lots of chances to win during next week but I just thought the individual shops would offer a bit more "fluff" oh well...


We only found one shop that gave a goodie bag [Concepts in Yarn in Torrance]  and one shop [Alamitos Bay Yarn Co]that went all out with special parking,hugh yarn basket give away, and gave us our "crawler's" bags....all and all we had a grand time chatting and touching and feeling all those lovely yarns. :) 


The 1st shop Alamitos Bay













the 2nd shop



look at all that yarn

Lunch spot



3rd shop stop

chines in the trees

4th stop

5th stop

Santa Monica traffic

6th stop

some of my "Loot"


these are "skein" rings so cute

my passport


cute pouch to carry rings



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you ladies had a lot of fun, and I love those Yarn rings... very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did aren't those yarn ball rings a "hoot?" I just couldn't resist... :)

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for stopping by to visit me~ I always welcome comments.
Be sure and link up or become a follower and never miss any future posts!
"Life is a stitch of happiness try not to drop one!"
♥ Crochetoholic ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...