****************************************************************************************************
**************************DaCraftyLady WELCOMES GUEST POSTS***************************

!!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ...

As you grow older you will discover that you

have two hands.

One for helping yourself, the other for helping others. " Audrey Hepburn

=======================================

If you would like to print any post

or change it to PDF,

click the icon at the bottom of that post.


Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What I am Working On? [WIP]

I am almost finished with this scarf. Its made of black chenille and Caron Simple Soft.... I saw it in the Jan 2008 Crochet magazine and thought the color combo was appealing, I just love the bl & wht look. It is turning out pretty good, but it is thick so its a bit warm for Southern Calif. Maybe I will use it in the mts???
I am also working on a purple dazzle cape-let with a flower. It is using two different yarns, one sparkle Patton's sport weight and also fun fur metallic. Very pretty together. It is hard to see the dazzle, both yarns have sparkle in them...remember I love Bling Bling.... and the flower which I will attach to hold it together and then add some beads. It just drapes over the shoulders and nice over a sleeveless top or dress....hmmmm.... I have learned something from making shrugs, capes, and ponchos, and that is that I crochet loosely so I need to reduce the hook size that is called for and be sure to lower the foundation chain a bit to adjust for this. I am so used to making bags, that I have not had this dilemma before???? Oh did I mention also that I have finally gotten some of my things on Ravelry? I am listed as "Calcrochetnut" .... Yes I know I have been dragging my feet a bit, but in my defense, it was Christmas...wasn't it??? So now I have no more excuses and I am working hard to get some of my WIP and FP [finished projects] and PWTM [projects wanting to make] on there, and I also ran across a great little group called, "Burnin Up the Stash" and decided that it was a great group for me to be in so I can finsih some of WIP and also get my stash down to make room for new yarn, soooooooo no more buying yarn till I get my stash down...really...Do you think I can?????

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by to visit me~ I always welcome comments.
Be sure and link up or become a follower and never miss any future posts!
"Life is a stitch of happiness try not to drop one!"
♥ Crochetoholic ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...