****************************************************************************************************
**************************DaCraftyLady WELCOMES GUEST POSTS***************************

!!!!GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ...

As you grow older you will discover that you

have two hands.

One for helping yourself, the other for helping others. " Audrey Hepburn

=======================================

If you would like to print any post

or change it to PDF,

click the icon at the bottom of that post.


Monday, August 20, 2012

Crochet and Good Food

Now this is the best looking Crochet Smart Car I have seen yet!!! lol  








Peanut Butter & Jelly... Grilled
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich... Grilled! 

What is it about grilling a sandwich that makes it something so indulgent?  Think about how "blah" a 'cheese' sandwich would be without the 'grilled.'  Grilling a peanut butter and jelly sandwich turns it into the most delicious treat... one of my favorites for cold winter mornings like these.

Grilled PB&J

2 slices of bread (I used a honey wheat)
2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of grape jelly
1 tablespoon of butter, softened 

Assemble peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Butter the outside of the sandwich.  "Grill" the sandwich in a skillet on each side for 2 minutes on medium-high until it has browned.

4 comments:

  1. Love the car!.. and the sandwich? I may have to try it! (once with jelly, and then once with fluff?.. ya think?) It made me laugh though, when I thought of the time I made the kids grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches. SO MANY people LOVE them, and nope.. my kids DIDN'T!! LOL! Dear Daughter's cooking her own food now, and I usually give Dear Son a say/vote now as to what's on the menu, before I start cooking anything these days. I'm just glad the weather's feeling cooler, and I can start BAKING again! Hooray! (0; Have a great day! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, the car is a hoot isn't it...Fluff sounds good too or how about nutinella [?] I think I spelled that wrong??? My daughter is an excellent cook she has taught herself and I helped her a little when she was growing up too. Son not too bad for a guy. :) Me I cook very little these days but when I do its fun. Baking is my downfall all those gooies add to the hips, tummy, whole dang body. Yikes...~~Debb

      Delete
  2. As a crocheter myself, the car is fascinating!...and grilled P B & J is always fascinating!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it though and I always love a good PB & J

      Delete

~ Thanks for stopping by to visit me~ I always welcome comments.
Be sure and link up or become a follower and never miss any future posts!
"Life is a stitch of happiness try not to drop one!"
♥ Crochetoholic ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...